Are you a Junior or Adult looking to Race at the Boulder Valley Velodrome in Erie?
The Boulder Valley Velodrome (BVV) in Erie, Colorado is the newest track to the Denver Front Range area. Black Sheep Cycling will be fielding 2 clubs for the Velodrome out of the 10 at the track; a Junior Track Team and an Adult Track Team. We are now accepting membership for the adult and junior teams:
We have 2 membership Levels:
Gold Annual Membership: $700 per year, this will allow you access to 2 of 4, 90 minute slots each week during the season.. Black Sheep Cycling is the only team that can offer this flexibility as we have 2 of the 10 Club Spots at the velodrome.
Platinum Annual Membership: $1,100 per year, this will give you access to all 4 training slots per week.
Other Perks include*:
1) Free introduction and training for track riding for new members
2) Access to group training drills and skills development during the sessions
3) Professionalprivate coaching available at additional cost
4) Access to discounted gear and equipment
5) SRM power meter discounts (Black Sheep Cycling is an official dealer for 2013)
6) Black Sheep Cycling Uniforms and Gear available for purchase
7) Annual Track Bike rentals for $100 for members in good standing
8) Storage for Bikes and Equipment onsite (small monthly charge)
9) Access to compete at races on the track
The adult team will be comprised of people 18 and over who either need a team or are currently on a team, yet their team is not part of the BVV.
For more specific details on joining our track teams: Ryan@blacksheepcycling.org!
For more up to date news on the Boulder Valley Velodrome in Erie, Colorado: http://www.bouldervalleyvelodrome.com.
*these are planned perks, but are subject to change or be modified by Black Sheep Cycling at any time.
A little about Black Sheep Cycling.
Mission: “To build a competitive team of dedicated junior cyclists who maintain a lifelong love of the sport, and who give back to the community that supported them.”
Black Sheep Junior Cycling is building cycling’s future, one youth at a time.
We aim to…..
- Provide youth with organized training and competition in a safe environment;
- Build friendships through a common interest in sportsmanship and competition;
- Provide positive role models who inspire greatness;
- Instill lifelong habits of hard work, discipline, courage, determination, education, resourcefulness, positive attitude and teamwork;
- Provide a level of coaching that matches each junior cyclist’s ability and aspiration—from beginner to international competitor;
- Encourage junior cyclists to maintain a healthy balance between social, scholastic and athletic endeavors;
Black Sheep Junior Cycling was founded in 2003. Each year, approximately 50 junior boy and girl racers, ranging in age from 8 to 18 are mentored and supported by over a dozen dedicated volunteer coaches. We provide a healthy environment for young racing enthusiasts and their families. Black Sheep Junior Cycling hosts weekly practices, endurance rides, and coaching support in the Denver, Boulder and Fort Collins metro areas. Each area has at least one head coach who co-ordinate the assistant coaches and parent riders. Our coaches are committed to making cycling fun and meaningful. The annual Black Sheep coaching clinic ensures that all coaches and parent riders are ready and able to meet the needs of the team. We invite you to check the schedule and drop by one of the practices to give it a try.
Superb coaching and great organization contribute to our team's stability. Our Program Director oversees the smooth operation of all facets of the team. Utilizing their strengths, parents are encouraged to contribute their skills, talent and time to support the growth of junior bicycle racing in Colorado.
Black Sheep strives to keep cost low, rates for membership run as follows:
The Team due schedule is as follows:
$100 = Initiation Fee = to be paid by all first year members (this is in addition to an associate or full membership annual dues)
$150 = Associate Membership = for members between the age of 8 to 12 years (or 5 to 12yrs for the BMX program), this is for members that are trying the team out or cannot fully commit. This membership comes with a Jersey
$250 = Full Membership = for members between the age of 8 and 18 years (or starting at 5 yrs old for the BMX program), this is for members that are fully involved with the team and comes with the full team kit (Jersey, Bib Shorts, Helmet, and Sunglasses)
Each member are also required to raise a minimum of $200 in donations through the annual fundraiser ride, Bicycle Village work commits and other means.
Scholarships and financial assistance is available for those that qualify.
Bicycling is an excellent childhood activity that promotes enjoyment of exercising and health, helping to combat the alarming growth of obesity based diabetes in youth today. Our team helps build a love for cycling and fitness that lasts into adulthood.
To join send an email to Member Services titled – “Join Black Sheep Junior Cycling”, in the Body we will need a Name and Email of the parent and of the junior interested in joining.
For more information please check out
Or email our Member Services at: firstname.lastname@example.org